What You'll Get
- $20 for one G-Pass to see Chicago and REO Speedwagon (up to $39.05 value)
- When: Friday, August 29, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- Section: general admission to the lawn
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works:</b> Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Estimated number of albums sold worldwide: more than 100 million
- Number of Top 10 singles: 21
- Place in Billboard magazine’s top 100 artists of all time: 13, making them the highest-ranked American band (not counting solo artists)
- Chicago is the first American rock band to: chart albums in the Top 40 across six decades.
- How many albums Chicago has released: XXXIV, which doesn’t require counting since the band politely numbers all of their albums
- For their 1969 debut album, Chicago was known as: Chicago Transit Authority. However, the band was forced to shorten its name by the actual Chicago Transit Authority.
- That self-titled album, Chicago Transit Authority, was recently named a 2014 inductee to the Grammy Hall of Fame.
- Chicago members who have been with the band since 1967: Robert Lamm, Walter Parazaider, Lee Loughnane, James Pankow
- Chicago hits you know by heart, especially if you’re in the Notre Dame Marching Band: “25 or 6 to 4,” “Saturday in the Park”
- Chicago prog-rock songs you’re likely to hear: “Questions 67 and 68,” “I’m a Man”
- How they got their start: touring the Midwest in the late 1960s in an old station wagon
- Album that put them on the map: 1980’s Hi Infidelity
- What made Hi Infidelity so great: a track listing of passionate chartbusters including “Keep On Loving You”
- The album’s other claims to fame: it contained the spurned-lover kiss-off “Take It on the Run;” it was certified 9 times platinum; it was #1 on the Billboard 200 chart for 15 weeks
- Recent tour that took REO Speedwagon across the country: the Midwest Rock N’ Roll Express tour with STYX and Ted Nugent
The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
True to its name, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion stands surrounded by a verdant forest. But that hasn’t kept the venue from adding some modern touches. In 2009, the Pavilion was renovated and expanded to include thousands of new seats, a larger canopy structure, and a state-of-the-art speaker system that makes everyone from the Houston Symphony to Van Halen sound superb.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 29, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion on 8/29. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.