All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $20 for one G-Pass to see Chicago and REO Speedwagon (up to $32.35 value)
- When: Saturday, August 9, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
- Seating: sections 306–309, rows L–Z
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
- Estimated number of albums sold worldwide: more than 100 million
- Number of Top 10 singles: 21
- Place in Billboard magazine’s top 100 artists of all time: 13, making them the highest-ranked American band (not counting solo artists)
- Chicago is the first American rock band to: chart albums in the Top 40 across six decades.
- How many albums Chicago has released: XXXIV, which doesn’t require counting since the band politely numbers all of their albums
- For their 1969 debut album, Chicago was known as: Chicago Transit Authority. However, the band was forced to shorten its name by the actual Chicago Transit Authority.
- That self-titled album, Chicago Transit Authority, was recently named a 2014 inductee to the Grammy Hall of Fame.
- Chicago members who have been with the band since 1967: Robert Lamm, Walter Parazaider, Lee Loughnane, James Pankow
- Chicago hits you know by heart, especially if you’re in the Notre Dame Marching Band: “25 or 6 to 4,” “Saturday in the Park”
- Chicago prog-rock songs you’re likely to hear: “Questions 67 and 68,” “I’m a Man”
- How they got their start: touring the Midwest in the late 1960s in an old station wagon
- Album that put them on the map: 1980’s Hi Infidelity
- What made Hi Infidelity so great: a track listing of passionate chartbusters including “Keep On Loving You”
- The album’s other claims to fame: it contained the spurned-lover kiss-off “Take It on the Run;” it was certified 9 times platinum; it was #1 on the Billboard 200 chart for 15 weeks
- Recent tour that took REO Speedwagon across the country: the Midwest Rock N’ Roll Express tour with STYX and Ted Nugent
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 9, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island on 8/9. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call Groupon customer service immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Live Nation, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.