Adding roller skates makes any activity more intense, from sprinting around a track to climbing back down Mount Everest. Take in breathtaking bouts with this GrouponLive deal.
- $16 for two tickets to roller-derby doubleheader, plus a photo and meet-and-greet with the team (up to a $27 total value)
- When: Saturday, August 17, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Lombard Roller Rink
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees<p>
- Windy City Rollers’ Third Coast vs. Peoria Push at 6 p.m.
- Chicago Bruise Brothers vs. Race City Rebels at 7:30 p.m.<p>
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn’t reflect student, senior, or military discounts. Children 6 and under are admitted free.<p>
The Scouting Report
Blockers jockey for position on the track, trying to free up space for their jammer teammate to slip through the stampede and speed around the oval to rack up points. Roller-derby drama like this will play out on August 17, when the Lombard Roller Rink hosts a double-header roller-derby bout. Chicago’s women’s travel team, the Windy City Rollers’ Third Coast, opens the action with a showdown against the Peoria Push, and after that, the men of the Chicago Bruise Brothers take the rink against the Race City Rebels of Indianapolis. After the bouts, spectators can also pose for a picture with the team and whichever kneepads seem the most photogenic.<p>
Chicago Bruise Brothers
Founded in 2012, the Chicago Bruise Brothers field a team of homegrown blockers and jammers whose roller-derby ambitions have been ignited by the sports’ recent resurgence across the country. The squad faces off against any rival teams willing to come into their path, and actively trains any aspiring skaters hoping to don their striking blue-and-white uniforms.