Going behind the scenes at a sporting event can provide a rare glimpse of your favorite players without their on-camera makeup and fake beards. Get an inside look with this Chicago Cubs Charities game-day experience at Wrigley Field on Thursday, August 30, at 1:20 p.m., when the Cubs take on the Milwaukee Brewers. For $30,000, you get a game-day experience in which you get to do all of the following:
- Throw out the first pitch before the game
- Sit in an Audi Legends suite, accompanied by up to 13 guests and a former Cubs player, while enjoying unlimited food and drinks
- See you and your guests welcomed on the giant LED screen under Wrigley's manually operated scoreboard
- Watch batting practice from the field and meet the players
- Stand nearby as celebrity guest sings "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"
- Face the media in a mock postgame press conference, with you behind the mic and a corps of faux reporters asking questions about the afternoon
- Take a personal tour of Wrigley Field
- Don a full Cubs uniform personalized with your name and receive a personalized marquee photo, a bat signed by several Cubs players, and an autographed ball for each of your guests
- Immortalize the experience as a videographer records the day's events on a highlight reel
- Bring one person to each stop throughout the day, except for the first pitch. That's all you.
Standing atop the Wrigley Field mound, a pitcher glances at the catcher's mitt and adjusts his grip on the ball. Tips collected over the years flash through the hurler’s brain: shift your weight to the left foot; follow through; throw the ball, not the glove. In one smooth motion, the body thrusts forward, the wrist snaps downward, and "pop!"—the ball meets leather. Applause from a crowd of 40,000 Cubs fans echoes throughout the Friendly Confines, where the first pitch has signaled not just the start of a Major League Baseball game but also the pinnacle of a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
After the pregame excitement, which also includes field access during batting practice, the honorary pitcher and up to 13 friends watch the aftermath from a personal Audi Legends suite located along the first-base side of the ballpark. There, a former Cubs player joins the group, partaking in the unlimited food and drinks and sharing classic stories of the club's past spreads of unlimited food and drinks. During the seventh-inning stretch, as thousands of voices meld into one during "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," you'll stand near the celebrity guest singer and take in the performance at close range.
The final out of the game draws you down into the media room, where a throng of pretend reporters waits to bombard the podium with questions about the afternoon experience as you take your place behind the microphone, feeling the same heat that leads to every major-leaguer's permanent tan. A highlight reel of the day's events recorded by a professional videographer ensures the day will live forever, and accompanies a trophy case's worth of memorabilia including a personalized uniform, a marquee photo, and autographed keepsakes.
1060 W Addison St.
Chicago, Illinois 60613Get Directions