- Chicago Hot Dog Fest presented by the Chicago History Museum
- When: Saturday, August 9, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, August 10, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Chicago History Museum
- General admission
- Door time: 10 a.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. on Sunday
- Ticket values include all fees. Admission to the event is free—values are based on food and drink tickets.
- $20 for one adult value pack, including 26 food-and-drink tickets
- $40 for two adult value packs, including a total of 52 food-and-drink tickets
- $60 for one family value pack, including two child value packs (26 tickets) and two adult value packs (52 tickets; 78 tickets total)
Chicago Hot Dog Fest
- Food: hot dogs, of course. Hutch, Select Cut Steakhouse, and other experts will cook up franks provided by Ball Park. The famous Chicago-style hot dog plays a starring role, but specialty dogs cooked up by Connie’s Pizza and Si Fu also prompt mouths to water.
- Drinks: salty dogs deserve a worthy beverage. Luckily, Goose Island fills glasses with its celebrated brews. Soda, water, and other liquids also help curb thirst.
- Music: Kashmir, a Led Zeppelin tribute band, headlines the fest on Saturday, following Who’s Who—a tribute to The Who, naturally—and Slap Happy, purveyors of top pop hits. On Sunday, No Doubt tribute Don’t Speak will bring the festival to a rollicking close, preceded by ’90s tribute bands According to Sarah and Hello Weekend.
- Everything else: the authors of Man Bites Dog, Bruce Kraig and Patty Carroll, take the stage to discuss hot-dog culture in America and clever titles that sound like they’re about pets but aren’t. Other speakers will appear throughout the weekend, and demonstrations will also take place. Between bites, guests can purchase a ticket and visit the Chicago History Museum.
What some people are buzzing about:
72% of 36 customers recommend
“No opportunity to buy a whole hot dog only samples which are about 1/3 to 1/2 of a hot dog. Otherwise a nice daytime fest.”
“What a fantastic time! Great weather, better food, and a Led Zeppelin tribute band! What else could you ask for?”
“Save ur tickets for the hot dogs...bring the drinks...I would have liked to seecmore area vendors, like Fat Johnnie's.”