- $39 for one ticket to Scents of Beauty presented by Chicago Philharmonic (up to $80 value)
- When: Sunday, April 19, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Pick-Staiger Concert Hall
- Seating: orchestra
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart
Scents of Beauty
- The Theme: the colors, aromas, and sounds of Spring
- Special Guest: pianist Jorge Federico Osorio, who leads the audience through evocative works by Manuel de Falla (Nights in the Gardens of Spain), Claude Debussy (Prelude to The Afternoon of A Faun), and Maurice Ravel (Concerto for the Left Hand)
- Highlights: Claude Debussy’s La Mer, which pays orchestral homage to the sea and actress Barbara Robertson will perform an excerpt from Stephane Mallarme’s poem that inspired Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun in its original French.
When the Chicago Philharmonic was founded in 1988, it was a tightly knit ensemble consisting of principals from the Lyric Opera Orchestra. Since then, it has blossomed into a collective of more than 200 professional Chicagoland musicians. But despite the increased size and bow-tie budget, the players have lost none of their precision or dynamic nature, prompting the Chicago Tribune to herald the group as “one of the country's finest symphonic orchestras.”