What You'll Get
- $15 for one general admission ticket (up to $30 value)
- Brunch will be available for purchase before or during the performance; casual attire encouraged
The Chocolate Box: A Musical Take on the Flavors of Love
- The Theme: A swooning and cleverly constructed musical celebration of love and its many faces, from the serene to the tumultuous, featuring melodies spanning the history of romantic music
- The Talent: Vocalist Cheryl Wilson, whose resume includes work with Michael Jackson, Mavis Staples, and Celine Dion, and a cutting-edge string quartet composed of Carmen Kassinger (violin), Lisa Fako (violin), Monica Reilly (viola), and Margaret Daly (cello)
- The Program: Enjoy tango music by Gardel, lush excepts of Romantic quartets of Elgar and Dvořák, swinging jazz standards from the Golden Age, and love anthems of the ’80s and ’90s, including the epic tear-jerker “I Will Always Love You.”
Above photo courtesy of Elliot Mandel.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 14, 2016. Limit 20/person. Redeem on 2/14 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Program and artists subject to change. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Chicago Philharmonic
When the Chicago Philharmonic was founded in 1988, it was a tightly knit ensemble consisting of principals from the Lyric Opera Orchestra. Since then, it has blossomed into a collective of more than 200 professional Chicagoland musicians. But despite the increased size and bow-tie budget, the players have lost none of their precision or dynamic nature, prompting the Chicago Tribune to herald the group as “one of the country's finest symphonic orchestras.”