- $15 for one general-admission ticket (up to $30 value)
St. Nick in Shades: Fresh Riffs on Holiday Tunes
- The Riffs and Digs: Three top-notch players give holiday standards a jazz and pop makeover amid the casual elegance of a City Winery afternoon.
- Player One – The Chanteuse: the versatile Cheryl Wilson (pictured middle), a music faculty member of Roosevelt University and UIC and an in-demand session singer who’s backed up Michael Jackson, Celine Dion, and local legend Mavis Staples
- Player Two – The Woodwinds: accomplished arranger, composer, flautist, and jazz saxophone sage Jim Gailloreto (pictured right), who also leads Chicago’s acclaimed Jazz String Quartet
- Player Three – The Keys: Chicago Jazz Magazine cover model Jeremy Kahn (pictured left), who’s played with Dizzy Gillespie, Max Roach, and Aretha Franklin
- The Program: soulful and playful reinventions of holiday ditties such as “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town,” “All I Want for Christmas is You,” and “Oh Holy Night”
- The Eats: City Winery’s diverse brunch menu is available for purchase (cost not included in voucher)
When the Chicago Philharmonic was founded in 1988, it was a tightly knit ensemble consisting of principals from the Lyric Opera Orchestra. Since then, it has blossomed into a collective of more than 200 professional Chicagoland musicians. But despite the increased size and bow-tie budget, the players have lost none of their precision or dynamic nature, prompting the Chicago Tribune to herald the group as “one of the country's finest symphonic orchestras.”
City Winery Chicago
1200 W Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60618