Gas-powered cars will soon be replaced by electric cars, which will be replaced by two-person motorcycles powered by nightmares. Catch some combustion-engine action while you can with this GrouponLive deal to see the O'Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals presented by Super Start Batteries at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet. For $120, you get a VIP suite package to Friday Night on Fire on Friday, June 29, at 4 p.m. (a $216 value for the VIP suite; a $241 total value for the package). Gates and VIP suites open at 7:30 a.m. VIP suite packages include:
- Seating in the climate-controlled, luxury skybox suites
- Light dinner and refreshments from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Cash bar available during the event (This Groupon is not valid for the purchase of alcohol)
- Access to the pit and track-level VIP viewing area
- A chance to win autographed memorabilia
- A Route 66 commemorative gift (a $25 value)
Each year, the start of summer receives an extra kick of heat as the NHRA Nationals send some of racing’s biggest stars hurtling down the quarter-mile strip at speeds in excess of 300 miles per hour. Throughout Friday Night on Fire, squealing automobiles face off in a variety of classes and spectacles, from top-fuel dragsters to nitro funny cars. Massive plumes of flame propel jet-powered racers at blinding speeds during during a fiery jet-car finale that concludes two rounds of nitro qualifying sessions. Suite tickets grant access to the pit and to a track-level viewing area, enabling VIPs to see chariots up-close and ogle their gargantuan engines engineered purely for speed and roasting marshmallows until they're just slightly brown.