- $75 for one admission to a three-hour mozzarella-, burrata-, and pizza-making class with Chow SF (up to $155 value)
- This event is for adults only
- Dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated
- Participants should wear clothes that can get dirty; aprons will be provided
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
The class will be held at Cookhouse in Chinatown.
Each event is capped at 35 purchasers.
What You’ll Do
Burrata is a sphere of solid mozzarella with a lava-like core of stracciatella and cream. Cheese enthusiasts love the Puglia-born style for its subtle flavor and buttery texture, and in this three-hour course you’ll learn to make your own. Cheesemaker Sacha Laurin of Winters Cheese Company will guide you through the process of creating not only burrata, but also standard mozzarella and a “marguratta”—a margherita pizza topped with burrata.
Milk to Mozzarella
Pour, stir, and pull Straus Family Creamery milk until it transforms into smooth dollops of fresh mozzarella.
Mozzarella to Burrata
Next, Sacha will show you how to craft burrata from your mozzarella, using cream and stracciatella.
Burrata to Pizza
Cover artisan dough with your mozzarella and buratta, layering the cheese atop from-scratch sauce and local basil.
Cheese to Mouth
As the oven bakes your thin-crust pie, sample various cheeses made at Winters.
Creating one-of-a-kind culinary events is Chow SF’s mission, and to do it they bring in experts who are equally one-of-a-kind. Partnering with specialized restaurants and award-winning chefs, they introduce food-lovers to the pinnacle of specific cuisines and crafts. And the flavors aren’t the only impressive thing on Chow SF’s menu—a portion of the proceeds from every event goes to support the SF-Marin Food Bank, helping to feed hungry people in the San Francisco area.