- One ticket to Circus Vargas Presents Arlequin
- When: select dates, May 7–June 7
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- May 7–17 at 777 N. Front St., Burbank
- May 28–June 7 at Santa Anita Park, Arcadia
- $13 for bleacher seating (up to $27 value)
- $18 for arena seating (up to $37 value)
Circus Vargas Presents Arlequin
- Ooh!: Contortionists twirl on aerial straps, while dancers decorate the air with colorful streamers.
- Hahaha!: Clowns cavort around the ring, and invite audience members to join in on the fun by balancing feathers on their fingers or noses.
- Don’t try this at home!: Motorcyclists dangerously race around a spherical cage together defying gravity.
The first thing people notice about Circus Vargas is its big-top tent. Hand-fashioned in Milan from 90,000 square feet of cerulean-blue and sunshine-yellow fabric, the canopy, along with spotlights and saw-dust-covered floors, completed the illusion of an elegant lost era when used in the 2011 film Water for Elephants. The last thing people notice is the absence of animals. They're too busy gaping at a man balancing a 12-step ladder with his mouth.
Keeping its marvels strictly human, Circus Vargas builds on a 40-year history by blending classic feats of fearlessness with surprising new tricks. The show features magic tricks along with a skilled hand balancer, a speed juggler, and the wheel of destiny.