A museum full of tunnels, slides, secret passages, and other secrets invites guests to visits its vast space and discover the unexpected
About This Deal
- What’s included in the membership:
- Unlimited anytime visits (during normal operations)
- Unlimited rooftop access (during normal operations)
- Monthly member perks
- Free admission for children 2 and under
- Click here to view the schedule
- Onsite restaurants: there’s a different dining place on every floor so everybody can find something for themselves
- Accessibility: the museum is mostly handicapped accessible, but there are areas that may be difficult to maneuver; for example, the caves are built like an actual cave system, so there are tight spaces and uneven ground
- What to wear: the museum strongly advises every visitor to dress comfortably, preferably with full-length pants and closed-toe shoes; flip flops and sandals are strongly discouraged
Valid from date of purchase through December 31, 2021.
About City Museum
Explore the Unexpected with City Museum. A brainchild of an internationally acclaimed artist Bob Cassily built in a hundred-year-old warehouse in downtown St. Louis, the museum has collaborated with many talented artists to repurpose pieces of old cities to build miles and miles of tunnels, climbers, bridges, slides, castles, secret passages, playgrounds, ball pits, and more. There's even a circus and a train. The effect is a mixture of children's playground with a surrealistic pavilion that is sure to fascinate both younger and older visitors. Plus don't miss City Museum’s iconic MonstroCity, an outdoor rebar playground featuring two planes propped on ladders, a fire engine, a castle turret, a 25-foot cupola, narrow crawlers arching four floors over a patio, and ramps and ladders connecting the whole thing together, mostly.
- Size: The warehouse is 10-story, 600,000 square foot big
- Don't Miss: Slides, slides everywhere; inspired by the warehouse old spiral chutes, the artists included slides in nearly every installation. The longest slide is 10-story long! The rooftop is an added attraction with slides, school bus and Ferris Wheel. When it's open, it's the worth the extra $6.00.
- Pro Tip: Store your stuff in a locker. Yes, it's and extra charge but worth it. Don't wear open toed shoes. Pants slide faster than shorts!