All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $15 for one general-admission ticket (up to $30 value)
- City Winery offers a buffet brunch for purchase at 10:30 a.m before the performance.
Chicago Philharmonic Chamber Players: Mix-Tape Romance
- The theme: The Chicago Philharmonic weaves a Valentine’s Day tale of courtship and romance between two lovers through a mixtape of nine songs ranging from searing classical works by the masters to American Standards and passionate tracks plucked from the rock music catalogue.
- The program: Classic selections from Haydn, Schumann, Shostakovich, and Hugo Wolf; Gershwin’s jazz standard “Someone to Watch Over Me”; American composer Michael Daugherty’s “Viola Zombie”’ the moody new-wave hit “Mad World” by Tears for Fears; Radiohead’s alternative hit “Creep”; the affectionate “In My Life” from the Beatles
- The featured musicians: Renée-Paule Gauthier and Karl Davies on violin; Aurelien Pederzoli on viola; Margaret Daly on cello; with Frank Babbitt as narrator
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 11, 2018. Limit 20/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Chicago Philharmonic
When the Chicago Philharmonic was founded in 1988, it was a tightly knit ensemble consisting of principals from the Lyric Opera Orchestra. Since then, it has blossomed into a collective of more than 200 professional Chicagoland musicians. But despite the increased size and bow-tie budget, the players have lost none of their precision or dynamic nature, prompting the Chicago Tribune to herald the group as “one of the country's finest symphonic orchestras.”