- $20 for one ticket to see Classic Albums Live performing Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours (up to $38 value)
- When: Thursday, August 13, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Mayo Performing Arts Center
- Seating: section A or B
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
Classic Albums Live featuring Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours
- The concept: musicians recreating a classic-rock album note-for-note
- The mastermind: Toronto’s Craig Martin, who set out to find “the world’s best musicians” for his project
- The album: Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours
- Its themes: dysfunctional relationships and hedonism, both of which the band was experiencing when they recorded
- Its songs: introspective three-part harmony hits such as “Dreams” and “The Chain,” hopeful gems including “Don’t Stop” and “You Make Loving Fun,” and beloved deep cuts like “Never Going Back Again” and “Oh Daddy”
Mayo Performing Arts Center
The Mayo Performing Arts Center straddles time. While one foot is planted in the old-fashioned charm of the 1930s movie-palace golden age, the other is firmly in the tech-savvy modern day. Between is a stretch of history that saw the theatre fall into disrepair and then resurrect itself to its star-studded heyday thanks to volunteers. Since its 1994 rebirth, the center has welcomed everyone from the Kirov Orchestra of St. Petersburg to Ringo Starr and Aretha Franklin. But, if the Mayo Center were a tripod, its third foot would certainly reach toward the future—a suite of education studios is onsite to cultivate the next generation of performers.