- $12 for one ticket to The Speckled Band: An Adventure of Sherlock Holmes (up to $22 value)
- When: select dates, February 4–22
- Where: Classical Theatre Company
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 20 minutes prior to showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Late seating is not permitted.
The Speckled Band: An Adventure of Sherlock Holmes
- The Plot: In a crumbling mansion, crimson-tempered Dr. Grimesby is adamant that his recently-engaged daughter Helen move to a different bedroom in the house—specifically, the one with the bed bolted to the floor, where on the eve of her own wedding two years ago, Helen’s twin sister mysteriously died screaming, “The band! The speckled band!”
- This Production: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle himself adapted the short Holmes story, which he later deemed his best, for the stage. Its 1910 script has been updated by Timothy N. Evers.
Classical Theatre Company
The Classical Theatre Company is the only professional organization in the Houston area that exclusively produces classical dramas all year round. The reasoning behind this choice is simple: the company makes its mission to "boldly re-envision classical drama" by breathing new life into the works of authors such as Shakespeare, Marlow, Ibsen, and Shaw.
During staged readings and full productions, CTC's artistic team always seeks inventive ways to "take old plays and give them a never-before-seen quality." But despite their conceptual changes—such as setting Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice in a Nazi concentration camp or turning Hamlet into an espionage thriller with ties to whistle-blower Edward Snowden—the company always respects the original playwrights and maintains the integrity of the original prose, often illuminating how many of those "old" plays are now more relevant than ever.