What You'll Get
Choose From Three Options
- $35 for one general-admission ticket for only the concert at 7 p.m., plus four beer tokens (up to $50 value)
- $92.50 for one general-admission ticket for the festival at 4 p.m., which includes endless food and drink and admission to the evening’s concert (up to $105.95 value)
- $115.50 for one VIP ticket for entry to the festival at 3 p.m., which includes endless food and drink and admission to the evening’s concert (up to $158 value)
Beginning at 7 p.m., the evening’s concert will feature Kool Keith with support from Mac Mall.
Heritage BBQ 2016
At this friendly culinary challenge, five local chefs compete to be crowned the BBQ King or Queen of San Francisco. They each prepare one family-farm-raised heritage pig, producing six dishes that celebrate global influences, cooking technique, flavor, and nose-to-tail utility. The Judge’s Plate will be scored by a panel of 20 notables, though all attendees get to sample the dishes. Here’s what else to expect:
- The Chefs: Competing chefs include hos chef Brandon Korf (Smokestack at Magnolia Brewery), plus chef Sophina Uong, Chef Charis Wahl (Gather Restaurant), chef Rogelio Garcia (The Commissary), and Paul Piscopo and Ken Tominaga (Pabu Izakaya).
- BBQ Traditions: The noncompetitve BBQ Traditions portion of the event features six chefs, each cooking one dish from their favorite global grilling culture—think Korean barbecue, Japanese hibachi, Brazilian churrasco, Mexican barbacoa, or Kansas City barbecue.
- Entertainment: Famously eclectic rapper Kool Keith, who feeds his microphone with decades of lyrical inanity and playful innuendo. A founding member of Ultramagnetic MCs with a list of aliases that makes census takers weep, Kool Keith has garnered fame and cult success with all of his monikers, including Dr. Octagon, Black Elvis, and Dr. Dooom.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 17, 2016. Limit 12/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of event for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 21 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Cochon 555
In 2008, a league of family farmers was struggling to educate the restaurant industry and the public about the value of heritage breed pigs when they found a winning combination: five chefs, five pigs, five winemakers. To spread their message, Cochon 555 organized a tour of 10 US cities where they'd challenge five top chefs to craft gourmet dishes, each using their own whole heritage pig. The fine-dining extravaganza would be paired with tastings from five distinguished wineries.
As it turns out, chefs are competitive and diners love pork. The nationwide quest for the best culinary interpretations has helped raise the profile of sustainable agriculture and drive the popularity of such events. In return, Cochon 555 has expanded to provide even more flavor experiences across the country—always featuring reponsibly raised animals, premium wines and spirits, and other gourmet products.
- Grand Cochon: The regional 555 winners converge on the national finale to compete for the crown of King or Queen of Porc.
- Heritage Fire: Chefs exercise their wood-fired cooking muscles by preparing whole farm-raised animals, including lamb, rabbit, and birds, over the flames.
- Heritage BBQ: A friendly competition has chefs using whole heritage pigs for dishes that celebrate global barbecue cultures.
- Cochon Island: Culinary luminaries head to locales like Puerto Rico and Hawaii for an outdoor celebrate of nose-to-tail cooking.
- Chef's Course: A rewards program ideal for well-traveled diners, who receive complimentary tasting portions from member chefs, farms, and brands. They also get access to periodic five-course dinner events.