- $10 for one ticket to see Cody Canada and the Departed with Fletcher Rockwell, plus one drink (up to $17.50 value)
- When: Friday, May 23, at 8:45 p.m.
- Where: Joe’s Bar on Weed St.
- General admission
- Door time: 7:45 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Each ticket includes one drink of up to $5 in value. Click here to view a recent beer list.
Cody Canada and the Departed with Fletcher Rockwell
- Where you first met Cody Canada: as the frontman of Cross Canadian Ragweed
- What he’s up to now: serving as frontman of the Departed
- What both bands have in common, besides the presence of Mr. Canada: bassist Jeremy Plato; love for country music straight out of Oklahoma
- The Departed’s sound: Canada’s distinctive growl set against raw, insightful lyrics and red-dirt riffs
- Essential tracks: their bluesy cover of Kevin Welch’s “Kickin’ Back in Amsterdam”; “Flagpole” from 2013’s Adventus
- Home base of heartland rockers Fletcher Rockwell: Chicago
- The non-Fletcher name of their frontman: Mike Nutt
At Joe’s on Weed St., sports games and pennants fill the front space, and a stage in the rear hosts a bevy of live musical acts. Conveniently located near the North and Clybourn Red Line station, the acoustical walls of the full bar have vibrated with the sounds of such artists as O.A.R., Keith Urban, Run-DMC, and Rick Springfield.