- $20 for two tickets to see The Cody Johnson Band with Cory Morrow and Gary P. Nunn (up to $40 value)
- When: Saturday, May 16
- Where: Sam Houston Race Park
- General admission
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Admission to the concert is free if you purchase a general-admission ticket to the races prior to 8 p.m. This Groupon is best for guests who do not plan to attend the races or arrive before 8 p.m. Performances commence after the last live American Quarter Horse Race.
The Cody Johnson Band with Cory Morrow and Gary P. Nunn
- The Cody Johnson Band’s newest release: 2014’s Cowboy Like Me
- How to be a cowboy like him: start a high school band with fellow members of the Future Farmers of America, then get a job with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice before transitioning into competitive bull-riding. Then pursue a musical career.
- His first sign that he was fated for country stardom: being named “New Male Vocalist of the Year” by the Texas Regional Music Awards in 2011
- His second sign: a thumbs-up from his wife Brandi
- His third sign: the fact that he was born wearing a cowboy hat
Sam Houston Race Park
Sam Houston Race Park's multifunctional grounds, located 15 miles from downtown Houston, crawl with up to 30,000 spectators reveling amid horseraces, concerts, and private events. Quarter Horses, Thoroughbreds, and Arabians kick up dust as jockeys maneuver them around the course, cheered on by race fans placing bets based on their stats, the weather, and the size of the horse's toupee. Spectators can also watch and wager on races outside the park's grounds, as monitors air simulcasts of the big races, including the Arlington Classic Stakes and Los Angeles Handicap.
In two restaurants, the Winner's Circle Restaurant and the Jockey Club, under the supervision of executive chef Dan McEachern, the racetrack treats guests to panoramic views of the competition as they dine on seafood, gourmet pastas, and brunch fare. Guests may also entertain from 15 up to 100 friends, employees, or colleagues in luxury suites presented by Draft Kings and equipped with a private bar and an in-room centaur butler.