What You'll Get
Horses symbolize a wild, uncontrollable spirit, which is why rebellious teenagers sport mane-like mohawks and eat even the cores of their apples. See horses chase their dreams with this deal.
- Package for two or four to see Colonial Downs horseracing in luxury
- When: Any Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday race evening during the 25-day thoroughbred meet from June 8 – July 13 (not valid July 4)
- Where: Colonial Downs Racetrack
- Seating: Jockey Club Dining Room
- Doors: One hour prior to post time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the Thoroughbred Meet calendar.<p>
- $44 for a horseracing package for two (an $89 total value)
- $88 for a horseracing package for four (a $178 total value)<p>
Per person, each package includes the following:
- Admission to the Jockey Club, including host service and betting assistance (a $15 value)
- Guided tour of the track (a $10 value)
- $15 voucher for dinner, served in the Jockey Club
- Race program with tip sheets (a $3 value)
- $2 bet voucher<p>
The Scouting Report
From Saturday, June 8, through Saturday, July 13, the Thoroughbred Meet features eight races nightly on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday beginning at 6 p.m. Seated within the air-conditioned Jockey Club, spectators can get a birds-eye view of the race while glancing at a program with information on each horse competing in all races throughout the day—complete with expert tips that help make an informed decision on where to place that $2 bet.
The Club fills stomachs while tableside televisions keep diners attune to what’s happening on the track. In addition, an exclusive tour grants guests a behind-the-scenes look at the horseracing lifestyle, allowing them to ask experts about the sacred bond between thoroughbred and jockey and whether humans can metabolize hay.<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 13, 2013. Limit 4/person. Valid only for option purchased. Advance reservation required; reserve tickets by phone starting 5/28/13. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Colonial Downs Racetrack. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Colonial Downs Racetrack's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Colonial Downs Racetrack
Home of the Virginia Derby each summer, Colonial Downs Racetrack upholds the age old Southern tradition of horse racing with a pair of impressive tracks. At 180 feet wide, the Secretariat Turf Course plays host to the derby as well as other summer thoroughbred races. Measuring at 1.25 miles, the outside dirt track is the second largest in the country—dwarfed only by Belmont Park— and plays host the pacers and trotters in the fall harness races. As Virginia's only site for pari-mutuel betting, Colonial Downs attracts droves of racing fans and wandering derby hats throughout the season. Once inside the gates, visitors can enjoy the sights and sounds from the outdoor grandstand or relax in one of Colonial Downs' club and suite seating options, most of which offer dining and betting services, TVs linked to off-track races, and unobstructed birds-eye views of either track outside.