Laughter is the spark of the soul, which is why comedians can light up rooms during a blackout but cannot be left unattended at gas stations. Enjoy crackling wit with today’s GrouponLive deal to see the Comedy and Blues Tour Valentine’s Day show at The New Daisy Theatre on Tuesday, February 14, at 8 p.m. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get two tickets for general admission (up to a $40 value).
- For $38, you get four tickets for general admission (up to an $80 value).
- For $54, you get six tickets for general admission (up to a $120 value).
- For $50, you get two VIP tickets (a $100 value), each of which includes:
- Seating at a table
- One nonalcoholic beverage
The Comedy and Blues Tour bundles a bouquet of rip-roaring laughs and passion-stirring music for its Valentine’s Day Lover’s Laugh Jam. Host and Def Jam “Bad Girl” Sonya D tickles guests’ ears silly inside the historic New Daisy Theatre, slugging gentility in its embroidered girdle with her signature style of seam-splitting brashness. She’ll introduce a pair of BET Comic View veterans, including fellow Chicagoan B Cole and Memphis’ own Spanky. Honest John tops off the laugh tank by showcasing a set honed in urban clubs and hospital elevators throughout the country and on White Boyz in the Hood, the Showtime special and documentary. For the evening’s musical accompaniment, Ms. Toni Green stitches treble and bass into singles such as “Single Mother,” which splashes vocal airwaves she has been riding on as a recording artist and avid megaphone user since the 1970s.