- One ticket to see Mr. Dick Gregory’s “What’s Going On In America” luncheon
- When: Saturday, April 25, at 2 p.m.
- Where: Maverick’s Flat Bar & Grill
- Door time: 1:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $25 for VIP admission, which includes a lunch buffet, seating in the VIP area, no waiting in line, and a meet-and-greet and keynote address with Dick Gregory (up to $35 value)
- $20 for general admission (up to $25 value)
- $15 for student admission (up to $20 value). Patrons must present a valid student ID upon arrival.
Dick Gregory’s “What’s Going On” In America
As a self-described “drum major for justice and equality,” Dick Gregory found himself at the forefront of the civil-rights movement in the 1960s, during which he participated in countless protests and even ran for president. His career has been a unique blend of political activism and controversial yet insightful anecdotes. Hugh Hefner admired these courageous observations and jump-started Gregory into mainstream territory by having him perform at the Chicago Playboy Club in 1961. More than 50 years later, Gregory continues to regale audiences with an act more entertaining and educational than a college professor wearing a bear suit.