- $10 for one general-admission ticket to an improv show (up to $19.26 value)
- When: any show through September 28
- Where: ComedySportz Los Angeles
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees
- Suitable for all ages
- Click here to view the schedule
ComedySportz Los Angeles
As the name implies, ComedySportz makes comedy a competition, complete with team uniforms, pennants, referees, and the disembodied voice of John Madden. For the past 25 years, no show in the long-running production has been the same because no audience is the same—crowds not only help decide what games the improvisors play, they yell out suggestions and determine via clap-o-meter which team won the day. While these shows run every Saturday at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., head-to-head competition isn’t all ComedySportz has to offer. Here are a few other items currently on the roster:
- Neon Improv Cigarette: Miami (Thursdays at 10 p.m.): For those who miss the crime-fighting, pastel-wearing, boat-chasing antics of Florida in the 1980s, this adults-only improv show brings the scene to modern-day California.
- Chickspeare (Fridays at 8 p.m.): An all-female improv team flips the script on Shakespeare with improvised iambic pentameter in this PG-rated, BYOB play.
- The Resistance (Sundays at 9 p.m.): Six men leap on stage in slow motion as an explosion goes off in the background in this long-form, improvised sendup of action movies.