What You'll Get
- $10 for one general-admission ticket to an improv show (up to $19.26 value)
- When: any show through September 28
- Where: ComedySportz Los Angeles
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees
- Suitable for all ages
- Click here to view the schedule
ComedySportz Los Angeles
As the name implies, ComedySportz makes comedy a competition, complete with team uniforms, pennants, referees, and the disembodied voice of John Madden. For the past 25 years, no show in the long-running production has been the same because no audience is the same—crowds not only help decide what games the improvisors play, they yell out suggestions and determine via clap-o-meter which team won the day. While these shows run every Saturday at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., head-to-head competition isn’t all ComedySportz has to offer. Here are a few other items currently on the roster:
- Neon Improv Cigarette: Miami (Thursdays at 10 p.m.): For those who miss the crime-fighting, pastel-wearing, boat-chasing antics of Florida in the 1980s, this adults-only improv show brings the scene to modern-day California.
- Chickspeare (Fridays at 8 p.m.): An all-female improv team flips the script on Shakespeare with improvised iambic pentameter in this PG-rated, BYOB play.
- The Resistance (Sundays at 9 p.m.): Six men leap on stage in slow motion as an explosion goes off in the background in this long-form, improvised sendup of action movies.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 29, 2014. Amount paid never expires. Limit 8 per person. Reservation required. Redeem starting day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at ComedySportz Los Angeles. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects ComedySportz Los Angeles' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.