Both laughter and tears can be cathartic, but only laughter is OK in front of your dog. Laugh until you cry with this GrouponLive deal.
- $12 for two tickets to Improv Poker Party (up to a $12 value each) and two bags of chips (a $1 value each; up to a $26 total value)
- When: Fridays at 10:30 p.m. through August 30
- Where: ComedySportz Improv Theater
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 10 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Improv Poker Party
This summer, amusing improv comedians lay it on the line in a competition based on America’s second favorite pastime. Before stepping up to stage off-the-cuff comedy, performers bet their chips, and after the scene, the audience decides who wins the pot. These shows are recommended for ages 18 and older.<p>
ComedySportz Twin Cities
Each week, the cast of ComedySportz Twin Cities competes in 105-minute battles in which the only weapons are quick wits. Saturdays showcase the classic, game-based ComedySportz format: as the audience shouts suggestions and a referee keeps score between two uniformed teams of actors, performers let loose rapid-fire barrages of absurdity that stay on the family-friendly side. The handicap-accessible theater serves beer and wine as the hilarity unfolds, and bars and restaurants abound in the theater's Calhoun Square neighborhood.