- $35 for two tickets to Compagnie Käfig: Correria Agwa ($63 value)
- When: Friday, January 10, or Saturday, January 11, at 8 p.m. On January 11, audience members are invited to attend a pre-show discussion at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Virginia G. Piper Theater at Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: rows H–V of the side orchestra, rows Q–W of the center orchestra, or box seating
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Compagnie Käfig: Correria Agwa
Correria Agwa trailer
Circus, visual, and martial arts don't often collide, but when they do, it's a safe bet that Mourad Merzouki is involved. A French choreographer, Mourad runs Compagnie Käfig, a Rio de Janeiro-based troupe that blends these unexpected influences with a variety of dance styles, including capoeira, samba, and hip hop. The collective's latest show is titled Correria Agwa—two words that divide the performance into two distinct parts. Correria means "running," and consists of jerky, hectic movements, while "agwa"—meaning "water"—focuses on dances that are more fluid.