Many theatergoers claim that life imitates art, which can be frustrating when they pause arguments for intermissions or direct drivers to turn “stage left” at stop signs. Learn to navigate the theatrical world with today’s GrouponLive deal to see Blood Wedding at Constellation Theatre Company. Choose from the following options:
- For $13, you get one general-admission ticket to a Thursday evening or Saturday matinee performance (up to a $27.25 value, including all fees). Choose from the following dates:
- Thursday, February 9, at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, February 16, at 8 p.m.
Saturday, February 18, at 2 p.m.
- For $16, you get one general-admission ticket to a Sunday matinee or weekend evening performance (up to a $32.50 value, including all fees). Choose from the following dates:
- Sunday, February 5, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, February 11, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, February 12, at 2 p.m.
- Friday, February 17, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, February 19, at 2 p.m.
Constellation Theatre Company immerses audiences in ensemble-driven plays that explore vast expanses of human emotion and experience. Written by famed Spanish dramatist Federico García Lorca, Blood Wedding weaves a dark tale of romantic longing, betrayal, and murder, all set around a rural wedding. The play seesaws between psychological realism and dreamlike sequences starring the moon, her priestess, and death incarnate, which elevate the show’s meditations on violence to haunting allegory while conspicuously snubbing other A-list celestial bodies. Song-and-dance sequences set to live music further draw showgoers into the onstage action. Constellation Theatre Company’s black-box theater fosters an intimacy that breaks down emotional fourth walls and social prohibitions against holding a stranger’s hand during the scary parts.
Although Constellation Theatre Company features a discounted price for students, this Groupon offers the best deal available for all customers.
U Street,Northwest Washington,Cardozo
1835 14th St NW
Washington, DC 20009