What You'll Get
- $26.25 for one G-Pass to Conversations with Roz Chast, Billy Collins, or Michael Pollan (up to $52.50 value)
- Where: NYCB Theatre at Westbury
- Section: mezzanine section D or E, rows ZZ–FF
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Billy Collins on Thursday, September 17, at 8 p.m.
- Michael Pollan on Thursday, October 29, at 8 p.m.
- Roz Chast on Thursday, December 3, at 8 p.m.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- How you know her: she’s a prolific cartoonist for The New Yorker and has also drawn for Harvard Business Review, Mother Jones, and Redbook
- How she knows Steve Martin: she illustrated his children’s book, The Alphabet from A to Y, with Bonus Letter, Z
- Her style: folksy and darkly humorous with words, patterns, and unusually shaped objects weaved throughout
- (A few of) her honors: the Heinz Award for Arts and Humanities, a New York City Literary Award for Humor, and an Honorary Doctorate of Arts from Dartmouth College
- The conversation: presided over by a moderator, it will include a Q&A with the audience as well as a book signing
- How you know him: as an award-winning poet who served as Poet Laureate of the United States from 2001 to 2003
- His style: in the words of John Updike, his poems are “limpid, gently and consistently startling, more serious than they seem; they describe all the worlds that are and were and some others besides.”
- (A few of) his honors: named “Poet of the Year” by Poetry magazine in 1994, earned the American Irish Historical Society Cultural Award in 2001, and was awarded the Norman Mailer Prize for Poetry in 2014
- The conversation: Collins will read poetry, answer audience members’ questions, and sign copies of his books
- How you know him: as the author of The Omnivore’s Dilemma, his James Beard Award-winning tome that zeroes in on the food chain, agriculture, and how Americans eat
- Where you’ve seen him: in the hard-hitting documentary Food Inc., hanging out with Michael J. Fox (who’s married to Pollan’s sister Tracy)
- The conversation: a lively discussion about his favorite subjects, which may include organic farming, genetic engineering, the meat industry, and nutrition
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.