- $27 for one ticket to see Smokey Joe’s Cafe featuring The Coasters (up to $53.70 value)
- When: Sunday, December 7, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Section: rear mezzanine or rear orchestra
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart
Smokey Joe’s Cafe Featuring The Coasters
- What it is: a musical revue that pays tribute to prolific rock and R&B songwriters Leiber and Stoller
- Famous songs written by the duo: “Hound Dog,” “On Broadway,” “Love Potion No. 9”
- Even more famous songs written by the duo: “Why Do Fools Fall In Love,” “Stand By Me,” “Jailhouse Rock”
- How many of these famous songs get played at Smokey Joe’s: 39
- How you know The Coasters: as the seminal vocal group that blended R&B and doo-wop on hits such as “Young Blood” and “Yakety Yak”
- Who penned those songs: Leiber and Stoller, of course
Coral Springs Center for the Arts
Who says thespians and jocks can't coexist? Coral Springs Center for the Arts was once an old gym, after all—and following a 1996 renovation that saw the installation of a 1,471-seat theatre and the removal of all the abandoned bodybuilder nests, the venue became the culturally rich institution it is today. Now approximately 200,000 patrons migrate to its riverside confines annually for Broadway shows and performances by comedians, jazz luminaries, and pop stars. However, that theater isn't the only venue on the premises. On the third floor, an 80-seat cabaret-style Black Box Studio draws audiences into a more intimate, personal style of performance—and VIP packages grant access to the closest of the really close seats. Right below that studio is the Center's Coral Springs Museum of Arts, which showcases both a permanent collection of visual arts and traveling exhibits.