Great songwriters know everything about their craft, from all the scales to the few words that rhyme with "small-town steel mill experiencing financial difficulties." Watch a master at work with this GrouponLive deal.
- $10 for one ticket to “Bluegrass Thursday with Cornmeal and Henhouse Prowlers” (up to $18.38 value)
- When: Thursday, April 17, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Durty Nellie’s
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Cornmeal with Henhouse Prowlers
- Cornmeal’s sound: one part bluegrass, one part jam band, and one part roots music
- Who the quintet has played with: the Dark Star Orchestra, Yonder Mountain String Band, and Willie Watson of Old Crow Medicine Show
- The significance of 2013: it’s the year they debuted a brand new lineup and got back into the studio, and it was the highest number they’d ever used in a date before this year
- Henhouse Prowlers’ sound: high-energy Chicago-born bluegrass trained at the Old Town School of Folk Music
- The subjects of their songs: murderous vendettas, lonely days and nights, muddy rivers, and trains a comin’
Up to 1,200 fans can dance and sway to the legendary sounds at Durty Nellie’s. Planted across the street from the Palatine Metra station, the venue is easily accessible by public transit or private piggyback, the better to explore a 30-tap, 120-bottle beer list full of potions from Three Floyds and Goose Island as well as from France and Germany.
88% of 156 customers recommend
“We had a great time, the food was good, and the service was great.”
“Great food, great beer, great waitstaff!! ”
“Owner is always present and very friendly... food is good and variety is good also”