- $35 for one ticket to see Cougar the Musical (up to an $80.50 value)
- When: Saturdays at 2 p.m. May 3–May 31
- Where: St. Luke’s Theatre
- Seating: orchestra section in rows A–L
- Door time: 15 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Cougar the Musical
Writer and creator Donna Moore’s ears perked up when, almost a decade ago, the idea of the “cougar” began to take hold in popular culture. Sure, the term wasn’t entirely laudatory, but she thought it might also hint at a resurgence of interest in the cultural significance of the older-and-wiser woman. In Cougar the Musical, she strives to reconnect audiences to a time when matriarchs commanded rapt attention in their communities, all the while retaining a bold, entirely modern streak of campy humor.
Featuring three women and one young hunk playing multiple roles, the musical explores the lives of over-40 ladies pursuing younger men as they build their friendships and strengthen their inner selves by sending their auras to Pilates. Musical numbers choreographed by the Tony-nominated Lynne Taylor-Corbett strut through a variety of genres, from the jazzy, Latin-inspired ballad “Julio” to the ‘80s-style dance tune “On the Prowl.” Meanwhile, the veteran cast—including Brenda Braxton, who starred opposite Usher as Velma Kelly in Broadway’s Chicago—conquers salons, bars, and bedrooms vignette by cheeky vignette.