- $18 for one ticket to Boney James (up to $39.50 value)
- When: Wednesday, August 19, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Count Basie Theatre
- Seating: rear orchestra or balcony section
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
- 3 million: the number of albums saxophonist Boney James has sold
- 4: the number of Grammy nominations he’s received in the pop and R&B field
- Best Jazz Album: the Soul Train Award he took home in 1998
- His sound: an eclectic, genre-defying fusion
- How he described it to SanJoseJazz.org: “I make Boney James music. I’m just trying to break down the barriers and make contact.”
- The most recent way he’s done so: with 2015’s futuresoul
Count Basie Theatre
Upon entering the Count Basie Theatre, guests may feel as though they’ve slipped through a crack in time and ended up in the early 1900s. Opulent marble staircases and gold details grab the eyes of visitors, recalling the decadence of Hollywood’s history and gently pulling them to the auditorium. There, the acoustically pleasing construction wins out as sound spreads and funnels through a sunburst dome embellished with a dangling chandelier. Since opening in 1926, the Count Basie has earned numerous accolades, including a nod from Pollstar magazine, which listed it as one of the Top 100 Worldwide Theatre Venues.