- $20 for one ticket to see Counting Crows: Somewhere Under Wonderland Tour (up to $32.15 value)
- When: Freedom Hill Amphitheatre
- Where: Thursday, September 10, at 7 p.m.
- General-admission lawn
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Counting Crows: Somewhere Under Wonderland Tour
- Count the Counting Crows: you should come up with seven—Adam Duritz (vocals), Jim Bogios (drums), David Bryson (guitar), Charlie Gillingham (keyboards), David Immergluck (guitar), Millard Powers (bass), and Dan Vickrey (guitar)
- Count the Counting Crows albums: it might take you a while; the band’s seven studio albums have sold more than 20 million albums worldwide
- Counting Crows song you definitely know by heart: “Mr. Jones” from August and Everything After, their debut album
- That album’s greatest distinctions: it was certified platinum seven times in both the U.S. and Canada; it spawned the hits “Omaha,” “‘Round Here,” and “Rain King”
- Lead track off Somewhere Under Wonderland, their first album of new material in six years: “Palisades Park,” an eight-minute epic released with an accompanying short film. Watch the video here.
- How they tell the story: with jangling guitar, free-form piano, and Adam Duritz’s powerfully evocative vocals
- How critics feel about the album: Craig Manning of Absolute Punk said, “As far as I was concerned, there was nothing these guys could ever do again that would recapture the sublimely personal connection I have with their first four albums . . . It is the deepest compliment that I can pay to Somewhere Under Wonderland to say that I was wrong.”
Freedom Hill Amphitheatre
14900 Metropolitan Pkwy.
Sterling Heights, MI 48312