What You'll Get
- One G-Pass to see Counting Crows: Somewhere Under Wonderland Tour with Twin Forks
- When: Sunday, December 7, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Embassy Theatre
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $38 for balcony rows J–S (up to $68.20 value)
- $48 for orchestra, rows O–BB, or balcony, rows A–H (up to $78.45 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Counting Crows song you definitely know by heart: “Mr. Jones”
- Where you’ve heard it: on the car radio, on the jukebox, and on your cassette tape of August and Everything After, their debut album
- That album’s greatest distinctions: it was certified platinum seven times in both the U.S. and Canada; it spawned the hits “Omaha,” “‘Round Here,” and “Rain King”
- Lead track off Somewhere Under Wonderland, their first album of new material in six years: “Palisades Park,” an eight-minute epic released with an accompanying short film. Watch the video here.
- How they tell the story: with jangling guitar, free-form piano, and Adam Duritz’s powerfully evocative vocals
- How critics feel about the album: Craig Manning of Absolute Punk said, “As far as I was concerned, there was nothing these guys could ever do again that would recapture the sublimely personal connection I have with their first four albums . . . It is the deepest compliment that I can pay to Somewhere Under Wonderland to say that I was wrong.”
- Why the lead singer of Twin Forks looks familiar: Chris Carrabba also heads up Dashboard Confessional and Further Seems Forever
- How this band sets itself apart from those: with folksy, old-fashioned country music sung by both Carrabba and mandolin-player Suzie Zeldin
- Their debut LP: 2014’s Twin Forks, which features the sunny, whistle-along “Cross My Mind”
A veteran to movie soundtracks, the Twin Forks frontman gave us a list of his top musical moments from film.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 7, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Use for admission at Embassy Theatre on 12/7. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.