What You'll Get
Country music has been described as "three chords and the truth," unlike the blues, which is known as "12 bars full of premeditated lies." Hear some honesty with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one general-admission ticket to Country Day at the Fair featuring Will Hoge (up to $25 value)
- When: Friday, July 25, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Summit County Fairgrounds
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees and fair admission.
Country Day at the Fair featuring Will Hoge
- How you know headliner Will Hoge: he's the singer behind "Strong," the official song of the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and the only one that will calm it down when it's angry
- Quote that defines his sound: "Being born and raised in Nashville, I never really saw a dividing line between rock and country. I like the stories each tells, and they’re both a huge part of who I am.”
- Song of his that became a #1 single for the Eli Young Band: "Even If It Breaks Your Heart"
- What else that song earned him: Grammy, CMA, and ACM nominations
- The event that shaped his 2008 album, Wreckage: an automobile accident that left him in critical condition for two days
- His latest: 2013's Never Give In, which topped Billboard's Heatseekers chart
- "Drink You Away": the debut single by fellow country crooner David Fanning
- Why the song may sound familiar: it was originally written and recorded by Justin Timberlake
- Where you've heard Brynn Marie's rasp-tinged voice before: on rock-country anthem, "Bandaid on a Bullet Hole"
- What Diamond Rio guitarist and Grand Ole Opry member Jimmy Olander says about up-and-comer Mark Leach: "If the question is, where are the true country singers, the answer is, wherever Mark Leach is.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 25, 2014. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 7/25 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Summit County Fairgrounds. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Summit MainStage's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.