What You'll Get
- Click here to check out the Algonquin Commons Theater site.
- $30 for reserved seating ticket to each of the following Alterna Savings Crackup Comedy Festival events (up to $75 value):
The Second City Improv All-Stars (Algonquin Commons Theatre - Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 8pm)
Crackup for Mental Health presented by the Mental Health Commission of Canada (TD Place Arena - Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 8 p.m.)
The Second City All-Stars
- The Second City: It’s the stuff of comedy legend—its stages have fostered the talent of numerous stars, including Chris Farley, Tina Fey, and Steve Carell.
- The All-Stars: A cast of consummate improvisors performs hilarious sketches on the spot, using only audience suggestions and the wit-generators in their minds. Featured in this show will be Patrick McKenna from TV’s The Red Green Show, Kathy Greenwood from Who’s Line Is It Anyway, Linda Kash, Neil Crone, and Ed Sahely.
- The Event: Underscored by live piano music, the actors create what the Chicago Tribune calls “a slick and entertaining show!”
Crackup for Mental Health
- The Event: Mary Walsh hosts this special event as part of the 13th annual Alterna Savings Crackup, a comedy festival for a cause.
- The Lineup: “Canada’s Queen of Comedy” Carla Collins, the “Canadian Goddess of Cabaret” Sharron Matthews, Jimmy Carr’s Comedy Idol finalist James Mullinger, America’s Got Talent Season 8 finalist John Wing, and emcee Big Daddy Tazz.
- The Cause: The festival aims to raise $150,000 for organizations that improve access to mental health and recovery, including Causeway Foundation and Partners for Mental Health.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 16, 2017. Limit 20/person. Redeem on day of first event, Saturday, February 11, for a ticket to both events. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. Disability seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.