Old people probably like to stand near the speakers at concerts because the reverberating bass lines feel good on their bones. Catch the rhythm with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to see Cristian Castro
- When: Thursday, October 17, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Bayou Music Center
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $26.52 for balcony sections 202–208 (up to a $53.04 value)
- $37.60 for rear-floor sections 104–107 or mezzanine sections 1–5 (up to a $75.20 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
- Cristian Castro’s first home: Mexico City
- His second home: at the top of the Latin Billboard charts
- His first #1 single: “Nunca Voy a Olvidarte” in 1993
- His latest #1 album: Viva el Príncipe in 2012
- The theme of that release: a tribute to José José, the “Prince of Song”—who appears on two tracks
- His most unexpected genre crossover: 2007’s El Indomable, in which the pop sensation manages to nail the no-frills charm of a mariachi band
- Branching out from classic ballads, his latest album opens with the auto-tuned club romance “Enamorados.”
- Called En Primera Fila: Dia 1, the album was recorded live on a round stage to maximize the number of front-row ticket holders without making fans sit on one other’s laps.<p>
Bayou Music Center
Part arena, part club, and all about the music, Bayou Music Center has catered to listeners of all tastes since it opened in 1997. James Brown, Steely Dan, Nickelback, and Etta James have all graced the spacious stage, drawn to its dazzling light displays and high-tech audio equipment. The facility also has various bars throughout, from an industrial taproom with corrugated steel walls to a lounge with neon drapery, oriental rugs, and cushy sofas.
“Great show and great venue. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a good show.”