All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $15 for one ticket to see Cristina Casale (up to $25 value)
- When: Friday, November 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Gusman Concert Hall – University of Miami
- General admission
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn’t reflect student or senior discounts.
Spanish pianist Cristina Casale is touring the United States—but equally, her audiences will be touring her homeland through its most beloved music. Casale introduces each work by supplying historical commentary and asking each audience member to tell it their name and favorite snack.
- Soler: Finding bits of space in the taxing routine of a Hieronymite monk in 18th-century Spain, Antonio Soler managed to produce more than 100 keyboard sonatas—many of them masterworks of the late Baroque style.
- Mompou: Frederic Mompou’s 20th-century-spanning career was spent between France and Spain, largely writing exquisitely brief and delicate songs and dances.
- Albéniz: Isaac Albéniz devotedly sought inspiration in the character of Spain’s many regions throughout his oeuvre, and the works on tonight’s program—the Gypsy-inflected Triana and the flamenco work Asturias—both bear place names.
- Granados: Goyescos was, naturally, inspired by the work of great painter Francisco Goya, and requires a great deal of virtuosity from its pianist. The Poetic Waltzes require no referent to sweep the listener up in their romance.
- De Falla: Two dances from Manuel de Falla’s ballets appear on this program, one from The Three-Cornered Hat and one from The Bewitched Love.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 14, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 11/14 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Gusman Concert Hall. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Cristina Casale's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.