Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life on stage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to Hairspray
- Where: Crown Uptown Professional Dinner Theatre
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: 90 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees. <p>
- $60 for two tickets and dinner on Friday, July 5, at 7:30 p.m. (up to a $120 value). Dinner begins at 5 p.m.
- $60 for two tickets and dinner on Saturday, July 6, at 7:30 p.m. (up to a $120 value). Dinner begins at 5 p.m.
- $45 for two tickets on Sunday, July 7, at 2 p.m. (up to a $90 value). Doors open at 12:30 p.m.
- Click here to view the dinner menu.<p>
The bubbly Technicolor musical Hairspray, which won the 2003 Tony Award for Best Musical, transforms the theater into swinging 1960s Baltimore. The musical adaptation of John Waters’s seminal cinematic bonbon, Hairspray tickles cowlicks and bowls over bouffants with its winsome tale of dancing queens, underdogs, and impenetrable ozone layers. Audiences will do the mashed potato in their seats as husky heroine Tracy Turnblad usurps snobbish beauty queens and battles segregation to become an unlikely teen sensation. With its entertaining buffet of romance, eye-popping sets, and irascible Marc Shaiman ditties, Hairspray fills the plates of theater fans with more nourishing laughs and caloric nostalgia than an evening of sharing french toast with Jerry Lewis.<p>