- $25 for four boot-camp training sessions and an optional tryout with the CT RollerGirls ($50 value)
- When: Boot camps take place at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28; Thursday, April 30; Thursday, May 7; and Thursday, May 14; the tryout takes place on Sunday, May 17, at 9 a.m.
Boot Camps and Tryout
- Learn the basic skills for becoming a roller-derby competitor
- All skating levels are welcome
- Participants must be 18 or older and have primary health insurance
- Participants must bring their own gear, though rental-style skates will be available for free
- For the tryout: roller-derby competitors must be women, but referees can be any gender
- Location: RollerMagic
Breathtaking speed and track-rattling collisions set the scene inside InSports, where the CT RollerGirls block and jam in high-octane bouts. Each match showcases the league’s dynamic teams, which include the Connecticut All Stars and the Yankee Brutals, both squads officially sanctioned by the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association. Sporting fearsome monikers such as Luciana Pulverotti, Your Mom, and C. Mya Rage, the skaters face off in formations of jammers, blockers, and pivots, whipping around the track as fans exchange high-fives to help deafen their opponents. As a non-profit organization, the CT RollerGirls league looks to foster a sense of community whenever it can, particularly by serving as a source of strong, independent, diverse role models for young women throughout the Constitution State.