- One G-Pass ticket to Culture Club with Howard Jones
- When:Friday, August 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Bayfront Park Amphitheatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- $28 for general-admission lawn (up to $54.25 value)
- $33 for reserved seating in sections 4–9 (up to $65.25 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Who they are: English new wavers Mikey Craig, Roy Hay, Jon Moss, and glamorously androgynous frontman Boy George
- How they made history: “Time (Clock of the Heart),” which the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame included on its list of 500 songs that shaped rock; also they racked up a Grammy and a pair of Brit Awards
- Other essential tracks: “I’ll Tumble 4 Ya,” “Karma Chameleon,” “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?”
- How Culture Club is like a Karma Chameleon: they come and go
- Why?: since disbanding in 1987, the band has reunited for several memorable stints, notably for a popular performance on VH1’s Storytellers in 1998
- Why this reunion is special: in addition to touring, the quartet is preparing to release Tribes, their first new album since 1999
- His sound: of his 15 Top-40 singles, 80% are peppy synth pop that wouldn’t be out of place in an ’80s comedy montage,
- And the other 20%?: melancholic piano ballads made for a breakup montage in an ’80s drama
- Hits that drained Walkmen batteries: “Like to Get to Know You Well,”“Things Can Only Get Better,” “Life in One Day”
- Hit that drained tear ducts across the globe: the heartbreaking “No One is To Blame,” which became Howard’s biggest hit in the U.S.
- Best HoJo songs about love: “What is Love?” “Everlasting Love”
- How to show the audience you’re a die-hard fan: shave off some syllables and refer to him as “HoJo”