What You'll Get
- One G-Pass ticket to Culture Club with Howard Jones
- When: Friday, August 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Bayfront Park Amphitheatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- $28 for general-admission lawn (up to $54.25 value)
- $33 for reserved seating in sections 4–9 (up to $65.25 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Who they are: English new wavers Mikey Craig, Roy Hay, Jon Moss, and glamorously androgynous frontman Boy George
- How they made history: “Time (Clock of the Heart),” which the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame included on its list of 500 songs that shaped rock; also they racked up a Grammy and a pair of Brit Awards
- Other essential tracks: “I’ll Tumble 4 Ya,” “Karma Chameleon,” “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?”
- How Culture Club is like a Karma Chameleon: they come and go
- Why?: since disbanding in 1987, the band has reunited for several memorable stints, notably for a popular performance on VH1’s Storytellers in 1998
- Why this reunion is special: in addition to touring, the quartet is preparing to release Tribes, their first new album since 1999
- His sound: of his 15 Top-40 singles, 80% are peppy synth pop that wouldn’t be out of place in an ’80s comedy montage, and 20% are melancholic piano ballads made for a breakup montage in an ’80s drama
- Hits that drained Walkmen batteries: “Like to Get to Know You Well,” “Things Can Only Get Better,” “Life in One Day”
- Hit that drained tear ducts across the globe: the heartbreaking “No One is To Blame,” which became Howard’s biggest hit in the U.S.
- Best HoJo songs about love: “What is Love?” “Everlasting Love”
- How to show the audience you’re a die-hard fan: shave off some syllables and refer to him as “HoJo”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 14, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.