It's important to dress for the job you want, not the job you have—unless you work at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in which case you have to wear a hazmat suit even if you'd rather be a gym teacher. Fight the disease of unfashionability with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to Dallas International Fashion Show, Music and Dance
- When: Friday, May 16, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Dallas City Performance Hall
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $13 for one general-admission ticket (up to $27.37 value)
- $25 for one VIP ticket (up to $53.74 value), including front-row seating, access to a VIP area with complimentary drinks, opportunities to mingle with special guests, and admission to an after-party
Dallas International Fashion Show, Music and Dance
- What it is: an annual celebration of African fashion and art, with a nod towards the cultures of Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean
- What you'll see: fashions from international designers and special guests
- Some of those special guests: Nigerian model, actress, and activist Eefy Ike, actress and publisher Monalisa Chinda, Nigerian politicians Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Florence Ita Giwa, and comedian Wamilele
- What it benefits: Spirit of Uganda, part of the nonprofit organization Empower African Children, providing experiential learning to Ugandan children in the hopes of fostering leadership skills
- Made possible by: Trendy Africa magazine and the always trendy City of Dallas