Hip-hop has provided the soundtrack to some of America's most significant cultural events, from major boxing matches to battle-rapped presidential debates. Witness music history with this GrouponLive deal to Dancefestopia Music Festival held at Richard L. Berkley Riverfront Park in downtown Kansas City. Choose between the following options:
- For $99, you get one music-festival package (up to a $200 total value), which includes:
- One all-weekend general-admission ticket to Dancefestopia at Richard L. Berkley Riverfront Park from 12 p.m. on Friday, June 1, to 2:30 a.m. Saturday, June 2 (up to a $138 value, including all fees)
- Dancefestopia T-shirt (a $30 value)
- Dancefestopia sunglasses (a $12 value)
- Concert poster (a $20 value)
- For $15, you get admission to the Dancefestopia VIP Recovery Party, and a pair of Dancefestopia sunglasses, at The Jones Pool on Sunday, June 3, at 12 p.m. (a $42 value).
Hip-hop performers, electronic beat breakers, and record spinners collide at Dancefestopia, a two-day, two-night audio and visual extravaganza held in a 20-acre party zone. In anticipation of his upcoming summer album, Wild Ones, headliner Flo Rida rapidly spits his club anthems into the crowd on Friday night. Wiz Khalifa takes the stage on Saturday to bark gritty rhymes about life in his native Pittsburgh after the electro-pop duo of 3OH!3 induces fist-pumping with synthesized tales of romantic woe and comic posturing. Pop darling Dev (Friday at 8:50 p.m.) catapulted to attention with her surprising expertise in jet mechanics on Far East Movement's hit "Like a G6" and has stayed in the spotlight with the sax-drenched "In the Dark," which ranked among Spin’s Favorite Pop Tracks of 2011. Guests can consult the website to see the lineup of more than 40 regionally and nationally renowned artists, as well as information about the differences between a turntable and a waffle iron.
During the Dancefestopia VIP Recovery Party, revelers soak up rays while swimming in a luxurious rooftop pool or lounging in one of 12 private cabanas. The beats of MTV's DJ Skribble get bodies shaking as they tan, order cocktails from the swim-up bar, or attend a secret underwater hip-hop summit. While drying off, guests can stroll along more than 20,000 square feet of rooftop deck and gaze at Kansas City's skyline.