- $20 for one ticket for best available seating (up to $40 value)
- When: select dates, February 5–14
Dances from the Heart
- The Theme: To celebrate the season of love, the Roxey Ballet treats romance-seekers and sweethearts alike to an enchanting evening of amorous dances, performed playfully and passionately
- The Choreography: fluid and wistful movements by Roxey Ballet founder Mark Roxey
- In Addition: this year’s program also includes a commissioned ballet based on the life of Frida Kahlo, Roxey’s take on Romeo and Juliet, and two works rarely seen by concertgoers
Mark Roxey says his troupe is the biggest ballet company in the smallest city in the US. That wasn't exactly the plan in 1995 when he and his wife Melissa founded the Hunterdon Youth Ballet, but as the group evolved, so did their ambitions. They rechristened themselves the Roxey Ballet and grew into a professional touring outfit whose dancers have commanded international recognition and even performed at the inauguration of President Obama. Today, the troupe regularly revisits beloved ballets as well as lesser-known works, often featuring original choreography by Roxey himself or the sentient hologram Roxey sometimes lets stand in for him.