What You'll Get
- $27.95 for one ticket for side orchestra or balcony seating (up to $43 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Vantage Points: A Read Between the Lines with Ray Mercer
- Rainbow ‘Round My Shoulder: Set to traditional chain-gang songs, this 1959 piece by Donald McKayle is a tragedy in dance, where black prisoners escape their chains through a fantasy of freedom. When Dayton Contemporary Dance Company performed the piece at the Lincoln Center in 2016, it earned the New York City Bessie Award and inspired a standing ovation every night of its staging.
- Wawa Aba: A Ghanian phrase that literally means “seed of the wawa tree,” “Wawa Aba” is a symbol of hardiness and perseverance. In Wawa Aba, choreographer Stafford Berry draws on his roots in traditional African dance to evoke the struggles, and continued survival, of Africa-originating peoples all over the world.
- Ray Mercer: Perhaps best known as a cast member of the Tony-winning musical The Lion King, choreographer Ray Mercer presents a world premiere work at this concert that showcases the art of storytelling through dance and the act of creation through the choreographer’s eyes.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 5, 2017. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.