- $15 for one ticket to see a DC Brawlers grid event, plus a $10 voucher for Brawlers apparel ($30.90 total value)
- Where: Patriot Center
- Seating: rows N–Z of sections 102, 103, 129, or 130
- Door Time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to see a seating chart (the court layout will differ for grid)
- Against the Philadelphia Founders on Tuesday, August 26, at 7 p.m.
- Against the NY Rhinos on Saturday, September 6, at 7 p.m.
Picture everything you know about professional sports. Now forget it all. The sport known as “grid” takes racing, weightlifting, obstacle courses, and competitive play, mixes them all together, and serves up a spectator sport that pits humans against the elements as well as each other. As grid’s representatives for the nation’s capitol, the DC Brawlers are one of eight teams in the inaugural National Professional Grid League. The squad of 20 players—comprised of men and women both young and middle-aged—takes on teams from cities such as New York and Philadelphia, showcasing the athleticism necessary to plow through obstacles at a breakneck pace.
During a typical event, the Brawlers move swiftly across the grid and complete timed obstacles that see them scurrying up ropes, pumping weights, ascending ladders, and springing into burpees as the clock ticks down and their opponents race beside them. This medley of strength and skills is easy to follow thanks to an accessible points system, which strives to reward athletes’ strength and conditioning regardless of gender, age, or jersey fabric.
As the National Professional Grid Team kicks off its inaugural season at the legendary Madison Square Garden, the sport already has a big fan: NBC Sports Network will broadcast the playoffs nationwide.