What You'll Get
- $45 for one ticket to DC Jazz Festival feat. Common, plus one drink ticket (up to $65.50 value)
- When: Saturday, June 13, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Capitol Riverfront Yards Park
- General admission
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the seating chart
- Click to view the lineup
DC Jazz Festival feat. Common
- Common: The rapper, hip-hop star, actor, and activist created an underground following in the ’90s before bursting onto the scene with 2000’s Like Water for Chocolate. He also recently won an Academy Award for co-writing “Glory” from Selma, which he can add to his two Grammy Awards, three BET Hip-Hop Awards, and one Golden Globe Award.
- Esperanza Spalding: She’s the first jazz musician to be crowned Best New Artist at the Grammys, an honor she took home in 2011. The recognition helped earn the singer, composer, violinist, and bass guitar player new fans, who all became entranced by her one-of-a-kind fusion of jazz, neo-soul, bossa nova, and R&B.
- The Bad Plus Joshua Redman: “It’s about as badass as highbrow gets,” declared Rolling Stone about this eclectic trio, who mix jazz, pop, and blues, and frequently enlist the talents of Harvard grad-turned saxophone virtuoso Joshua Redman
- Afrohorn: founder Francisco Mora-Catlett describes his sextet as “jazz tradition, Cuban rhythm, techno funk, Mexican surrealism, African mysticism, Caribbean colors and the avant-garde.”
- Charlie Hunter Trio: helmed by famed guitarist and composer Charlie Hunter, this combo put the fledgling musician on the jazz map after their self-titled debut
- Also Appearing: Femi Kuti & The Positive Force | The Cookers | Marshall Keys | Stanton Moore Trio
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 13, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 6/13 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at the venue. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Must be 21 or older for alcohol. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.