All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- One ticket to Ring of Fire: Pacific Sounds, presented by Distinguished Concerts International New York
- When: Monday, April 13, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- $10 for the third tier (up to $20 value)
- $30 for the second tier (up to $60 value)
- $50 for the first tier (up to $100 value)
Ring of Fire: Pacific Sounds
Distinguished Concerts International New York joins forces with the Ingelmoor High Symphonic Band and Orchestra and the Distinguished Concerts Singers International for a program of music from six different countries in Southeast Asia. Grammy nominee Anthony Giles directs.
- Srisuwan—Phra met ta: this traditional composition hails from Thailand, with text adapted from psalms
- Shan-Hua—Diu diu dang a: in Shan-Hua’s stirring arrangement of a Taiwanese folk song, a sustained high note creates a spacey tone, as if someone is gazing at the stars, then increases its speed as more voices come in
- Ting-Wei Goh—Ni wa wa: the words and text of a traditional Chinese children’s song achieves new color in this 1982 arrangement, becoming even more sprightly than the original
- Delarmente—Dumbele: an eight-part choral piece from an award-winning composer based in Manila, the rhythm starts off slow—almost droning—then increases with pointed quarter notes in the middle of the song
- Kwei—Potong Padi: a simple hum begins this 1961 arrangement of a traditional Malaysian song, then expands into more layered instrumentation
- Yohanes—Janger: choral arrangement reminiscent of urgently ringing bells—majestic, but slightly foreboding
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 13, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Arrive early to avoid long lines, redeem starting at 10 a.m. on 4/13 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Lincoln Center's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Distinguished Concerts International New York
An artist, Distinguished Concerts International New York's website shares, is "an individual who continually seeks to improve, to grow, and aspires to perform at a higher level." The people behind this definition are DCINY co-founders Iris Derke and Jonathan Griffith, and it's a definition their musicians fulfill. To do so, they collaborate and express themselves while both performing famed Mozart compositions and leading educational events.