Watching a play is the second-best way to achieve emotional catharsis, right behind writing a play about achieving emotional catharsis. Tear-stain a playbill with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to Dead Man’s Cell Phone
- Where: Buffalo Laboratory Theatre at Swan Auditorium
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 45 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $12.50 for one ticket (up to a $21.69 value)
- $25 for one ticket with admission to the gala on Friday, September 20 at 6:30 p.m. (up to a $52.74 value)
- $49 for two tickets with admission to the gala on Friday, September 20 at 6:30 p.m. (up to a $83.79 value)
- Click here to view all ticketing and performance options.<p>
Dead Man’s Cell Phone
Sarah Ruhl’s off-kilter comedy satirizes modern society’s love affair with the cell phone while exploring the bond between identity and technology. Irritated by the incessant ringing from the table behind her, 30-something technophobe Jean brings herself to confront the phone’s owner—only to discover him lying face down in a bowl of lobster bisque. So she does the only natural thing: she answers the call. She soon finds herself delivering messages to the late Gordon’s loved ones, and if she has to make a few exaggerations about their relationship, it’s a small price to pay for the sense of closure she provides. But as fact blurs with fiction, Jean might be getting in way over her head.<p>
Swan Auditorium at Buffalo Laboratory Theatre
5200 S Park Ave.
Hamburg, NY 14075