What You'll Get
- $25 for one G-Pass to see Death From Above 1979
- When: Monday, August 10, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Ritz
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Death From Above 1979
- Who they are: vocalist/drummer Sebastien Grainger and bass/synth wizard Jesse F. Keeler
- What they sound like: if snarling guitars and near-shouted vocals got married and had babies that danced and head-banged all day long to their parents’ music
- Why they tacked on “1979” to the end of their name: to settle a legal dispute with the label DFA records, whose moniker also stands for Death From Above
- The band’s debut: 2004’s You’re a Woman, I’m a Machine, which introduced hard-rock fans to the world of tightly wound, primitive brand of dance-punk
- Their first TV appearance: in 2005 on Late Night with Conan O’Brien, where they invited Max Weinberg to drum during half of their hit, “Romantic Rights”
- Their hiatus: 2006–2010
- Their return: 2011, when the duo reunited for a set at EdgeFest, then a Canadian tour, then a brand-new album
- Their latest: 2014’s The Physical World, which once again pulsates with tracks such as “Virgins,” “Trainwreck 1979,” and “Government Trash”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 10, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.