- 12th Annual Spring Housewalk: “Decades of Design in River Forest”
- When: Sunday, May 3, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., rain or shine.
- Ticket pickup: Christ Episcopal Church
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $18 for one ticket (up to $30 value)
- $29 for two tickets (up to $60 value)
12th Annual Spring Housewalk: “Decades of Design in River Forest”
- The Tour: a trip through the interiors of five private homes in River Forest that span 125 years of architectural design and community history
- The Highlights: the landmark Blocki House, which was built around the time that River Forest village was incorporated in 1880; a contemporary home built in 2005 that dazzles with its modern glass façade
The Historical Society of Oak Park & River Forest
Frank Lloyd Wright, Ernest Hemingway, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio—many legendary figures have left their mark on Oak Park and River Forest. Just a handful of miles from downtown Chicago, the sister villages boast a distinct style all their own thanks to a rich history captured and preserved by The Historical Society of Oak Park & River Forest. Inside the center—which is equal parts history museum, archive, and research haven—visitors peruse vintage costumes and clothing and pore over old photographs to scour the past. They can also attend events including historical home tours, cemetery tours, historical lectures and costumed history walks.